The Winter Travel Team 2020/2021
We will be hosting our indoor travel team tryouts much earlier this year. This season we are moving all indoor travel teams to Hanover, MA. Our previous facility will not be allowing any outside organizations like CCFHC to use their public facilities in 2020.
We’re excited about our new venue (Starland Sportsplex) because will be able to host our own tournaments keeping the hockey close by and reducing the need for overnight travel. This will be one of the top facilities for indoor field hockey tournaments in MA. Starland is about 40 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge.
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2020
Location: Starland Sportsplex (637 Washington St, Hanover, MA 02339)
Time: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM (U10, U12, U19)
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM (U14, U16)
Practice dates (tentative as some dates will be play dates.tournaments): All are on Saturday.
November (14, 21), December (5, 12, 19), January (2, 9, 13), February (6, 13, 17), March (6, 13).
Practice times: 2 hr block either (10-12 pm or 12-2pm). To be determined.
Practice location: Starland Sportsplex (637 Washington St, Hanover, MA 02339)
Practices are two hours and players will train with their team. Practices begin Sunday, November 14. Teams will have between 8-10 practices with 2-4 tournaments depending on age group. Depending on the number of teams we hope to send teams in U10, U12 & U14 to the National Indoor Tournament in Lancaster, PA in February. At least one team from U16 and U19 will participate in the National Indoor Tournament Qualifier. We expect to send one team in U14, U16 and U19 to the Shooting Star indoor tournament in March.
Cost for season: Price varies based on the number of practices and tournaments attending. Average season cost in the $600 range, unless the team is also attending the National Indoor Tournament, Qualifier or Shooting Star. Anticipated cost for the those teams is in the $$850+ range.
After tryouts and team selections have been made we will contact all participants directly. 50% of the the season is due up front and the other 50% will be billed in January.
All payments are non-refundable.
1. What are the age groups? Our goal is to field teams from U10-U19 depending on numbers.
2. How many teams per age group? This is dependent on how many players try out in each age group.
3. How is age group determined? Age group is determined by the players age as on December 31, 2020. For example, if a player will still be 13 years old this coming December 31 then they would be in the U14 (under 14) age group. A player that will be 14 on December 31 will be in the U16 (under 16) age group.
4. How are team selections determined? Our coaching staff will evaluate players during the tryout. Based on these evaluations we will select players to a team that matches their current playing ability, potential and commitment to the sport of field hockey.
5. How many players to a team? The maximum team size will be 11 (including goalie), but could be smaller.
6. Will all players be selected to a team? Our goal is always to avoid making cuts. We would prefer to give a player an opportunity to play, train and improve. However, sometimes we will have too many players or goalies in an age group and will be forced to make some cuts.
7. My daughter/son plays other winter sports. Will that be a conflict? We have always tried to be flexible with our players. We do always ask for the player to inform us well in advance of conflicts. As is customary with other club field hockey teams a player selected to the top team is expected to make every effort to attend all major tournament events (National Indoor Tournament, National Indoor Qualifier, Shooting Star).
Starland Sportsplex has restrictions for the number of people in their building so we are asking parents to drop their child off (join then if needed) for tryout check-in, but not stay in the building for the tryout.
Masks are to be worn at all times except when players are on the court.
It is highly recommend that players bring their indoor stick, left-handed glove, shin guards and water.